Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cardiac Rehab

Cardiac Rehab has been wonderful for me. Granted I am 29 and the youngest in the group but it has given me confidence and has made me feel more like me. When I first started rehab, I felt so nervous. My heart raced just for the warm up. My second visit I was scared and told the nurse that I was scared. She said that was a perfectly normal feeling to feel. That gave me relief. Every day I felt more confident and my energy increased. It is also a blessing to go and have your heart monitored three days a week while you do things to see that it is functioning as it should (or to let you know that it is not so you can see your doctor about it). Another blessing of Rehab is that you get to be around others who know how you feel and are going through what you are going through. That is an amazing feeling because I am 29 so I do not have any friends with heart issues! Whenever I talk to any of the other people in the group, I can relate to them and I always learn a lot. I also have enjoyed getting to learn about a healthier diet. I have always eaten pretty healthy but I have learned more about whole grains and fiber and the benefits they have on the heart. I would recommend Cardiac Rehab to anyone that has had an issue with their heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment